Thursday, May 15, 2008

Answer to a question on Folk

Many Kinlores - One Heart (18 August 2001)

In many clans and many lands
My forebears walked and lived right well
Called Holy Ones by Many Names
Spoke many tongues and sang their songs

On mountain high and river swift
On tree girt hill and grassy lea
On frothy deep and arid steppe
They made their lives and built their homes

They left no writ or left a bit
Some lore is gone and other bent
A poem here a carving there
Honored grave sites and customs old

And craftsmen too did leave their lot
In buckle gold in ashen harp
In woolen cloak with copper clasp
In all the things of Home and Hof

The many tribes of elder kin
Their paths would cross sometimes in war
Clash and bluster blood and fire
And new lords sat on lands new-named

But of times would a new line start
When Man and Wife would join in Bond
From strife or trade would come this pair
And families would grow and build

Upon this earth I walk their road
Tis broad and long tis short and sharp
My forebears old and still alive
Do live in me and I in them

Which Holy Ones do hold me close
Is art of mind and heart and soul
Always the North beckons as Home
In chill and wind in rock and stream

Though North is Home still walk I do
To seek in full my Kinlore broad
In depth of Well and Kinnish Wyrd
No man can say the right for me

In many clans and many lands
My forebears walked and lived right well
Called Holy Ones by Many Names
Spoke many tongues and sang their songs

-------------------------------------------------------

Health and Luck All,

Europe is my Mother and my Father, as surely as my eyes are brown and my hair is turning grey. Europe is my Heart, my Soul, the Center of my Being...

I do have a touch of Vinlandic Woodland tribesman in my blood, but that touch is light.

I know who and what I am. I know That Which Is True for me and mine. As a man, it is my duty to my Kin and Kith to have that Knowing. I am rueful for those who lack the Knowing.

That being said ,-)

Race, as a social construct DOES in deed exist in my opinion. It is a natural outgrowth of the unnatural Church-State suppression of Tribal Bonds.

My forebears were Marsi, Etruscan, Latin, Goth, Lombard, Allemanni, Dane, Belarusian, Gael, Gaul, Mohawk, Miqmaq and more; men and woman of Sib and Clan, not of any Nationality.

If we are strong and proud in this Knowing, we need not hang head before anyone.

If we are strong and proud in this Knowing, we shall show others that Knowing is good.

If we are strong and proud in this Knowing, we shall show even those who are of Two hearts that they too can Know.

Sib and Clan build in three ways, I think: Birth, Wedding and In-Taking...

Through all this, Our Folk will not just Be, but Grow!

=======================================================
May the Holy Æsir and Vanir smile on our efforts.
May the Holy Forebears of our Kinlines nod in approval.
May we be of Worth to our fellow Heathens.

In Frith under Troth
Stefn Ullarsson Piparskeggr
also called - Skjaldberi Ullar

Catamount Grange Hearth - Husband
Oak Shadow Kindred - Skald

"Heartfelt mindfulness of one's Kinlore and Forebears is not hatred of others.
If you can not tell that Goodheart and Hardheart are unlike, I can
not help you."
- Pipsbók

1 Comments:

Anonymous Ulfki Valisson said...

The words you have posted above have truly reached the depths of my soul, and have helped me view many things in a different light. Thank you, and Wassail.

1/04/2010 9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home